About Evergreen

The Evergreen Local School District was formed in 1964 with the merger of Fulton, Lyons, Metamora and Chesterfield districts in Fulton and Lucas counties. The district encompasses 128 square miles. Currently Evergreen is comprised of four school buildings -- three public and one parochial school. These schools serve more than 1300 students.

The district was named by Mrs. Ruth Gephart in the mid 60's. It was named as a symbol of continual growth; the word "ever" meaning long-living, the word "green" suggesting the deep root system representing the school and children. At first the mascot was a Viking ship representing strength. Over the years it became the Viking himself, fearless of no one.

The school system prides itself on its strong educational programs headed by a fully certified staff. The size of Evergreen schools also proves to be an added advantage to our students. We are proud of our student-teacher ratio and extra-curricular programs that are offered. Transportation is provided to all students in grades K-12. The school system is organized into three separate schools; K-5 elementary school, 6-8 middle school, and 9-12 high school.

Learning is a life-long endeavor. Our goal is to challenge students academically, to promote good citizenship, and to help young people mature into responsible adults. A great deal of pride exists in the community toward this school system. This is evidenced by the support of the two new and one renovated school as a result of an Ohio School Facilities Project.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2022 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.